Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Herbed burgers w/ mango salsa

OK: I have had a few requests for recipes. I will post each one separately so that you all can just look at the title to find the one that you want! When I get the 3 done that have been most recently requested I will do an overview of the Idaho Family Ride that went really well! Bon appetite!

Herbed burgers w/ mango salsa:

It is ok to cheat on some of the recipes that I do: makes life a whole lot easier and sometimes a commercial product is really good! For this recipe I use the Costco Mango Salsa instead of making my own on the tours. It is a great product and is good on chicken, chips, fish......If you want your burgers a little more spicy increase the amounts of herbs & Worcestershire: just be careful to not use too much sauce of the burgers won't hold together.

1 1/2 pounds lean chopped sirloin or ground beef
1 small yellow onion, grated
1 garlic clove, minced (I like to use a little more: love garlic!)
2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and knead until blended. Divide the mixture into eight portions and flatten into a patty. Sear the meat 2 minutes each side over a hot grill or fry pan: then move to a lower heat until internal temp of 165*f.
Serve on a good quality bun with fresh spring greens & mango salsa! Yummmmm.

Suggested wine: a great Cabernet Sauvignon.

No comments:

Post a Comment