Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Honey Spiced Pork Chops

I know that I have published this recipe before: but it is buried in one of the Texas blogs: so this should be easier to find. I have served this with a homemade apple chutney and also without. The chutney recipe is on a Texas blog if you would like it.
These pork chops are so yummy! The rub would be awesome on ribs as well.

4 center cut pork chops
1/4 cup honey (it helps to heat the honey a little: it;s easier to work with!)

RUB:
1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp Cayenne
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp salt
Combine all ingredients for the rub.

Rub the chops with the honey then dredge in the rub, covering the whole chop.
Cook over a medium-high heat on your grill until desired done-ness: 160*f internal temp is recommended. (But I prefer them not that done!) Enjoy!

More recipes anyone? I know there have been requests for the peanut yam tofu: it will have to wait until I'm home! I make it from memory for 60.

No comments:

Post a Comment