Sunday, June 26, 2011

Quinoa Stuffed Portabellos

Ok Tribe.  You asked for the recipe for quinoa stuffed portabellos.  There is no recipe as of yet, so I guess I have to go home and write one.  But, I can tell you how I made them and you can take it from there.

I sauteed red & green bell peppers and onions in canola oil until tender.  I cooked a package of red quinoa according to the directions.  Then I combined the quinoa and veggies and feta cheese, with a little salt and pepper.  I removed the gills and stems of the portabellos and grilled them until just tender.  I stuffed the mushrooms with the filling and steamed them in a steam pan until heated through. ( I don't have an oven in camp.)  My suggestion for at home is to stuff the mushrooms and then bake until tender and heated through, at about 375%.  They are great just as is, and I can imagine how amazing they would be with a balsamic cream reduction.  YUMMMMM.

Enjoy and let me know how they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment