Tuesday, June 14, 2011

For My Dad

Fred Beals, Cycle Washington 2010.  Doing what he loved; sharing the bounties of the Pacific Northwest.
I can't express how much Dad will be missed.  By me, my children, my family, and those who were fortunate enough to know him.  Thank you to all of the tribe members that shared in his life the last 17 years for adding to his rich heritage.  He loved the bike tours, traveling to Montana, Utah and of course, the Washington tour. He created some lasting friend ships with many of the riders as well as the staff. ( Erin, Kim, Tom, Bob, Linda, Tony, Annie, John G., he always wanted to know where you were and what you were doing.)
  He loved trading stories and sharing his knowledge about the great state that we live in. He loved being able to provide the salmon and sometimes clams that we enjoyed on the tours. He loved sharing in my nomadic life style, while worrying all of the time. He watched his grandchildren grow up with the weird Mom, hauling them around the country chasing bikes.   He was and always will be such a huge part of who I am and what I do.  Dad, we love you and will forever miss you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment