Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Zion



Monday morning saw us up bright and early. Actually, I didn't sleep much so I wasn't very bright and it was really early! We have a great number of new riders to the tours with us, as well as a few oldies but goodies! Hi Hillary! No, you're not an oldie! We love you!

This pictures above is the view from our camp ground in Springdale!

Homemade scones w/ raspberry jam for breakfast, on to Costco, then the beautiful drive up to Springdaly. OOPS: a glitch for Ranger Tommy tomorrow. The tunnel through Zion is only open for 2 hours in the morning due to construction. Makes for a tight schedule: a bus charter, load bikes Monday night for transport Tuesday am. He will make it happen. He has a great crew: hi Sophia! It's good to see you back. And yes, Jack and I are OLD news. Daryl and Kim: yeah you made it! I have lots of hummus to share.

Dinner in Springdale was Greek lemon chicken, peanut yam tofu, basmati rice, steamed carrots, caprese salad with yummie mixed cherry tomatoes, blueberry rhubarb sauce over pound cake with fresh whipped cream. It was a hit. Already recieving requests for recipes: if you would like one just comment on the blog and tell me which one: I'd be glad to post it.

It is so good to be back in Southern Utah. This is trip number 16 for me: I have had so many of my dear friends and family work this tour. I am thankful that I could share it with them. They have all gone really well. Ok, Barb did leave her purse in Panguitch and had an almost major melt down. And Jeff, a little less tequila on work nights. Jake, please tell me when you go golfing next time. I hate it when I don't have the help I had counted on. And, when you say you'll be back from hiking at 4:30, 6:00 just doesn't cut it. Over all, alot of fun. My boys have all worked the trip, as did my step daughter, Katie, my parents, my niece, my nephew the tequila expert Jeff. My friends Kim, Karl, Hal, Erin and Wally have all had the pleasure of scrubbing dishes in wind, rain, shine & snow. More on the weather here later.

Tomorrow we are in the lovely town on Hatch. I'll fill you in on the going ons: who knows, someone may have moved into town. Or out of town. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment